Amazon iframe

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Bike commuting? No sweat

From the Boston Herald, 03.07.07:

Bike commuting? No sweat

Although the Ladder District's Ivy Restaurant doesn't brag about it on its menu, chef Tony Bifano might have the most powerful calves in Boston. Bifano, regardless of the weather, makes a three-hour roundtrip commute six days a week by bicycle. He wasn't motivated by the new Al Gore documentary. Fossil fuel consumption and global warming aren't on his radar screen. Bifano's purpose is more primal: He can now eat as much Italian food as he wants. "I can’t get fat," he claims. "I'm on my feet another 12 to 15 hours a day and I don’t get as tired as I used to." (Read more.)
Ah Boston, city of my youth, home to my beloved American League baseball franchise (opening game is just 24 days away!) Even in Beantown, location of the most expensive highway project in U.S. history, bicycle commuters are in the mainstream media. The Boston Herald no less. Maybe the bike movement is making progress.

Visit: Paul Dorn's Bike Commuting Tips Site

No comments: